© 2013 Womad Ltd
Company Reg. No. 2734599
Place of registration : England
Registered address :
thankyou everyone, i dont think i shall bother then, as its really only the early morning wee i'd need them for, after 9am or whatever time it was they were cleaned they were the best porta-loos i've ever seen. Certainly way better than any other fests ive ever been to!
Consider buying a pack or two of Travel Johns. They are ideal for that early morning or middle of the night urgency! Amazon usually has them.
last year ecover had a little then and we ended up with a bag full of goodie which included load of sample bottle of washing up liquid and multi surface cleaner.
From then on we always had a little bottle of multi surface clean to hand when we use the loos and to be honest 90% of the time we didn't need to use it (the other 10% of the time was usually in the evenings when the loos had been used by the many
If you don't want to queue for a loo in the morning, do to the arena loos. Simples!
We thought the la di la loos were great last year, but - in the hope that the organisers are reading this thread - would love them to open earlier and stay open later. That would help when you're up at 6.00 with a small child and looking for comfort. It might also help with the queues.
For early morning wee people, check out ebay for Unisex Urine Bottles. Screw top lid, flat bit on side so no spillage. All you need is some antibac spray or wipes and you're away. Too far to hobble to the arena JC
arena loos in the morning are a good call and you can always get a bit of breakfast from some of the food stalls too (after you have cleaned you hands)
I love that JayCee keeps saying . . . Simples!
Well I thought they were great! - and don't remember them not working. So I'll be getting my ticket this year. Yes, they could open a bit earlier (think I saw that they were opening at 7 this year???), but like you Jax 2000, as I take a few travel john thingys as well, no problem! And PD - don't forget this year you'll be travelling by train & won't be able to bring your own private loo!!!
I've never had an issue with the portaloos especially if you think it through and avoid the ones where a band's just finished and everyone's queuing. But for that early morning moment, and even more so that middle of the night moment, nothing beats ensuite tent facilities! Last year I tried Travel Johns and wasn't very impressed - despite being a girl I had serious capacity/overflow concerns which wasn't ideal in a tent. I'm going to stay with my trusty tupperware cereal container/dispenser (nb I have a dedicated one for this purpose!) - the type that's a long rectangle shape. No issues with capacity and a tightly fitting clip-on lid, and easy to empty into a portaloo at some point during the morning once the queues at the campsite loos have died down.
You need to be logged in and have a forum nickname to add a reply